Software for optimizing loading units and transport units
PUZZLE® has been optimizing the space on load carriers such as boxes and pallets since 1992. Numerous companies have already used licensed versions of the software, developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics, and benefited from the more efficient allocation of shipping space. PUZZLE® not only calculates the most optimal arrangement of geometric objects in a defined space but it also helps the user select the right loading equipment for the job.
PUZZLE® helps the logistician directly with the loading: A complex algorithm based on item data (geometry, weight, surface structure, stability, and fragility), customer specifications, and order data (quantity, item group, priority and so on) calculates an optimal loading arrangement for the items along with the loading sequence required for the specified order volume.
Redesigned from the ground up, this portable software runs in a web browser independent of your computer’s operating system. WebGL is used to render the results of the optimization calculation as 3D graphics. The browser-based nature of the new PUZZLE® software architecture means that all of the users in a company have access to its full functionality without having to install any software.
- PUZZLE Pack: Palletization of identical packages
- PUZZLE Pallet: Palletization of mixed orders
- PUZZLE Box: Optimized filling of boxes with identical items
- PUZZLE Pack+: 2-step Optimization by combining the Modules Box and Pack
Functionality of all PUZZLE® modules:
- Multilingual (German, English, French)
- Interactive visualization of the optimized loading units
- Determination of the number of containers required for a specified transport volume
- Planning of the required transportation capacity
- Calculation of the volume-optimized arrangement of items on a pallet
- Provides support to the picking/loading areas with detailed picking lists or packing instructions
- Detailed packaging reports (PDF, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX or RTF)